Bagnaia Seemingly Untouchable with Spring Race Win at COTA
Francesco Bagnaia secured yet another win with Ducati Lenovo. Alex Rins and Aleix Espargaro gave Bagnaia some early challenges but they proved to not be enough to take the win. Bagnaia won the race by 2.5 seconds which speaks to how much he is dominating the field right now. Bagnaia stated, “It was one of the best days I ever had in MotoGP.”
LCR Honda Castrol rider Alex Rins secured a hard fought second place finish. Rins had a few charges at Bagnaia throughout the races but ultimately had to settle for P2. In third was Jorge Martin or charge from his start in 12th place to beat out Aleix Espargaro for P3.
Fabio Quartararo started in the middle of the pack and had charged his way up to 4th place. However, his progress all came crashing down after a crash on turn 12. Quartararo was able to continue but finished on 19th which is another disappointing result for the Frenchman.
Bezzecchi finished P6 which did not help his championship hopes with Bagnaia continuing to dominate. He has one more opportunity for redemption in the Grand Prix at COTA.
The Sprint Race Top 10
1. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team)
2. Alex Rins (LCR Honda Castrol) – +2.545
3. Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing) – +4.706
4. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) – +5.052
5. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) – +8.175
6. Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) – +8.877
7. Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) – +9.453
8. Miguel Oliveira (CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP Team) – +10.768
9. Jack Miller (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) – +12.448
10. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) – +12.739
Full Sprint Race results are below