Bautista, Rea and Razgatlioglu 1-2-3 Superpole and Race 1
Championship standings leader Alvaro Bautista finished first for Superpole position and Race 1 today. Bautista received a grid drop penalty for slow racing on the race line that dropped him 3 grid places at the start. Bautista has now won 6 or the last 7 races he has entered. This however, proved to have no effect as Bautista was able to escape front runner traffic and win the race. Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jonathan Rea second place finishes ahead of the Superpole race and Race 2 tomorrow. Toprak Razgatlioglu complete rounded out the top of the table in third.
Last season Jonathan Rea won the Superpole race and Race1. He will be looking to repeat this result in addition to stacking a separate win in Race 2. A comprehensive recap will be provided after race 2.
The Top 5 WorldSBK Race 1, full results here:
1. Alvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)
2. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) +3.148s
3. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +3.891s
4. Andrea Locatelli (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +10.105s
5. Axel Bassani (Motocorsa Racing) +10.498s
Fastest lap: Alvaro Bautista, Ducati – 1’34.368s
For more information on where you can watch the WolrdSBK check out WorldSBK.com. More coverage to come after race 2 is completed.